Application Expert / Support Specialist
We are seeking an Application Expert/Support Specialist to join our Dallas team!
The successful candidate will have 1-3 years’ technical experience (oil and gas experience is not necessary, but a bonus) and will be responsible for installing, supporting, testing, documenting, and demonstrating R3 software programs, developed in-house, that are used in oil and gas reserve evaluations.
- Install software remotely or on-site for clients, including multi-tier install environments.
- Participate in all aspects of the customer service support team to ensure proper and timely response is provided to the customer.
- Be involved in all steps of testing the various software applications.
- Have very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Offer pre-sales demos and lead training classes that are held in person and online.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform remote and on-location software installations. Experience with networks, firewalls, databases & servers preferred.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with software.
- Track and document support issues.
- Create and track software bugs, and test resolutions to bugs.
- Create and execute tests on our software program.
- Create visualizations in Tableau (similar to Spotfire), requires some knowledge of Oil & Gas industry.
- Learn to use built-in modules of the R3 program that allow customization for users. Provide customized products to customers including reports, forms and economic models.
- Maintain and update documentation for all programs in print, web and video formats. Experience with authoring software and/or video creation a bonus.
- Contribute to knowledgebase articles to address frequently asked questions and best practices.
- Provide demonstrations and training to current and future customers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or an Engineering field with 1-3 years of technical experience.
- Experience as a DBA or working with databases (creating them, DB security, etc.).
- Experience with Virtual Environments, and a general knowledge of networking.
- Experience providing training or demos to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to learn, use & troubleshoot various applications quickly.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to clients with a wide range of experience levels
- Experience creating visualizations in Tableau or similar program.
- Ability to travel (25%).
We are committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team-oriented work environment. In addition to a mid-base salary, we offer a package that includes medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) plan, vacation, and holiday pay.
This position is in Dallas, Texas. We are not currently offering a relocation package. Send resumes with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org